15-Week myCourses Shell
A myCourses shell designed to get you started creating or organizing course content for a 15-week semester is available.
While the shell has been developed for online courses, it can be used for on-campus and blended courses as well.
This shell contains:
- An introduction module containing typical syllabus content divided into short topics, with text that you can customize
- 15 weekly content folders containing a Weekly Plan
- A mid-course assessment in Week 7
- Three different course home page designs to choose or customize
- A content folder (not visible to students) with instructions for using the template and tips for developing course content (available later Winter quarter)
To copy the 15-week shell into your myCourses course, you must register yourself into the course shell:
- Click on the Self Registration link in the upper right of your myCourses Home Page.
- Click on the course title 15-Week Course Shell (Copy Only).
- Click the Register button on the confirmation screen. You will be added to the shell course as Support Staff. You will find the course under the Support Staff role in the My Courses listing on your My Home page.
Once registered, you can copy the 15-Week shell into your course. For instructions on copying course elements, see https://wiki.rit.edu/display/myCoursesHR/Copying+a+previous+course.
Remember to copy the 15-week shell into your course! Do not change the shell itself!
Having trouble? Contact Academic Technology Support at 585-475-2551.