Implementation Grants will be awarded beginning in the 2013-14 academic year.
These grants provide funds for faculty to implement an innovative mode or model of teaching and learning, which has been shown to positively impact student outcomes and the student experience at RIT. Funding will be used to expand exploration with a wider group of faculty/courses, or to complete larger scale development, or to support transfer of the innovative mode or model of teaching and learning for use by other faculty/courses. Implementation grants may range from $5,000-$50,000. PLEASE NOTE that up to $50,000 for Implementation Grants will be funded in the academic year 2013-14.
Examples of the use for Implementation grant funds include:
- Course release (reasonable, actual replacement costs for faculty members removed from teaching)
- Technologies or equipment required by the project that are not normally provided by the department/college
- Resources for development of new technology-based learning tools and/or environments to support wider implementation
- Travel to support research activity and/or meet with potential funding sources
Applications will be evaluated according the following criteria:
- Utility (solves a defined problem, has potential to benefit many courses/faculty)
- Creativity (is a novel approach or application, represents a new paradigm)
- Efficacy (uses an evidence-based approach, impact to student learning and/or the student experience can be demonstrated)
- Feasibility (realistic in the current environment, achievable given current constraints)
- Risk (presents an acceptable level of risk, high probability of producing desirable outcomes)
- Resistance (has champions within RIT, not likely to be met with extreme resistance)
For more information, refer to the definition of and rubric for evaluating innovative teaching and learning.
Special consideration will be given for applications that:
- Involve cross-disciplinary implementation
- Have secured or have the potential to secure matching funds (including course release) or grants