myCourses Semester Template
A myCourses shell designed to get you started creating or organizing course content for a semester-long course is available.
While the shell has been developed for online courses, it can be used for on-campus and blended courses as well.
This shell contains:
- An introduction module containing typical syllabus content divided into short topics, with text that you can customize
- 17 weekly modules containing a Weekly Plan
- A mid-course assessment in Week 7
- Three different course home page designs to choose or customize
To copy the Semester Template into your myCourses course, you must register yourself into the course shell:
- Click on the Self Registration link in the upper right of your myCourses Home Page.
- Click on the course title Semester Course Template (copy only).
- Click the Register button on the confirmation screen. You will be added to the shell course as Course Copy Access, and will see find it under a tab for that role on your home page.
Once registered, you can copy the Semester Course Template into your course. For instructions on copying course elements, see https://wiki.rit.edu/display/myCoursesHR/Copying+a+previous+course.
Remember to copy the template into your course! Do not change the shell itself!
Having trouble? Contact Academic Technology Support at 585-475-2551.