Intensive Course Design Workshop
WhenThursday, June 6, 2013 -
Friday, June 7, 2013
WhereCPC - Campus Center (03),
Event ContactMichael Starenko
Faculty planning to teach during RIT’s first winter intersession are invited to participate in this two-day boot camp to begin planning for their 15-day intensive TigerTermSM course. During these two days, you’ll have opportunities to:
- Learn from examples of intensive course designs and syllabi
- Experience a variety of Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs)
- Design an intensive course’s first day of class that will excite and motivate your students
- Learn how you can create an effective intensive course by integrating effective learning strategies and techniques.
- Learn the elements of an effective intensive course syllabus.
- Exchange ideas with your colleagues on your intensive course plan
This two-day boot camp is intended for RIT faculty who are planning to teach a TigerTermSM course in January 2014.
It meets on June 6 and 7, 8:30am-1:00pm, with an optional lab session until 4:00pm on June 6 only. Because of the integrated format of this event, faculty are expected to participate on both days.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served on both days.
To request interpreting services, go to http://myaccess.rit.edu/.
Lunch will be provided.