Join the growing movement that supports open and free access to research.
Open access can increase your research impact by shortening the interval to publication and making your research more visible and accessible to a wider audience.
- You set the scope of the journal, decide on the field to be covered and the number of issues published each year
- Recruit the editorial board
- Set policies regarding content, peer review and copyediting
- A robust mechanism that allows nearly all day-to-day managing activities to be carried out as well as the online “home” to house files and the journal website
- Guidance, technical support and daily management activities
- Assistance with electronic "calls for papers"
We use Open Journal Systems (OJS) to manage the publication of our journals. OJS is a journal management and publishing system that has been developed by the Public Knowledge Project through its federally funded efforts to expand and improve access to research.
OJS Features include:
- Editors configure requirements, sections, review process, etc.
- Online submission and management of all content.
- Subscription module with delayed open access options.
- Comprehensive indexing of content part of global system.
- Reading Tools for content, based on field and editors' choice.
- Email notification and commenting ability for readers.
- Complete context-sensitive online Help support.
OJS assists with every stage of the refereed publishing process, from submissions through to online publication and indexing. Through its management systems, its finely grained indexing of research, and the context it provides for research, OJS seeks to improve both the scholarly and public quality of refereed research.
Creating a User Account in OJS
This video describes the steps required to register for an OJS journal.
Journal Setup: Step 1 for OJS
This video provides an overview of step 1 of the journal setup process in OJS.
Journal Setup: Step 2 for OJS
This video provides an overview of step 2 of the journal setup process in OJS.
Journal Setup: Step 3 for OJS
This video provides an overview of step 3 of the journal setup process in OJS.
Journal Setup: Step 4 for OJS
This video provides an overview of step 4 of the journal setup process in OJS.
Journal Setup: Step 5 for OJS
This video provides an overview of step 5 of the journal setup process in OJS.
How to Submit an Article
Overview of the submission process in an OJS journal.
Learn more about our Open Access services.